THE NEW DODGE???
PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE DID FOLKS, IT WILL COST YOU A LOT OF GRIEF........TRUST ME !!!!!!!!!!!!
DON'T GET ME WRONG THE PEOPLE AT CHRYSLER TRIED TO
FIX THE VEHICLE BUT 24 DAYS IN THE GARAGE IN 9 MONTHS???
SOME MIGHT SAY THATS EXCESSIVE, I BELIEVE IT'S RIDICULOUS!
1999 DODGE RAM QUAD CAB SLT 4X4 5.2LITRE V8
VEHICLE DELIVERY DATE DEC. 23/1998 - MERRY XMAS??
JANUARY 12/1999 - 1240KM
- Vehicle engaged in "reverse"while shifter placed in "D" for drive causing a near miss with my garage door of my home. Quick reaction avoided possible vehicle and personal injury!
- While in neutral and vehicle idling this past winter (-20C) the vehicle was blowing cold air through the vents while heat was on maximum.
- Check engine light came on for a period of 50km and turned itself off, were still not sure about this one, the computer codes checked out OK?
MAY 14/1999 - 6804KM
- Paint and clearcoat blemishes on hood and both fenders, subsequently the Chrysler Rep. authorized painting of the hood and both fenders! This had to be done twice as they missed a spot and heat warped the bug deflector when they put the vehicle in the paint drying booth?
- Keyless Entry transmitters both failed to function requiring replacement.
- Cruise Control no longer able to maintain speed, servo replaced.
- Checked engine for bucking, surging and pinging.......adjusted trigger plate and recommended upgrading my gasoline to a higher octane. I was already running Shell Silver but upraded to Shell Gold, still had the problem?
MAY 28/1999 - 7450KM
- Programmed the new "back ordered" transmitters for the Keyless Entry.
JUNE 8&9/1999 - 8036KM
- The re-painting of the hood and fenders ocurred at this time and of course the heat warping of the bug deflector.
JUNE 24/1999 - 8490KM
- Driverside hood lip paint oversight was rectified however there was a denial on the part of replacement of the bug deflector, first time that a bug deflector ever warped in a heat drying booth, of course? Kingsway Truck Caps were very gracious and offered to replace it, this is where I originally purchased the bug deflector.
JULY 08/1999 - 9388KM
- Engine still bucking and surging between 75km & 90km, a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) was performed to space the spark plug wires. This problem was not cleared up.......again! Strike 3?
- Chrysler Rep authorized paint sealant was applied to the freshly painted hood and two fenders.
- Carpet pulling and tearing on the passenger side just inside the molding that secures the carpet.......Sorry! Service Manager on holidays....later!
- Bubbles are now appearing underneath the paint on both rocker panels and again.......Sorry! Service Manager on holidays....later!
Returned to show Service Manager the above mentioned pending problems with the vehicle and he arranged a meet with the Chrysler Rep again!
Met with the Chrysler Rep and he aknowledged the problems with the vehicle and authorized all the necessary repairs.....here we go again! I was asked to be patient..........
SEPT. 13/1999 TO SEPT. 29/1999 ( 17 DAYS ) - 13,310KM
- Replaced entire carpet in vehicle as a result of careless unbundling of vehicle at dealership, they cut too deep with an exacto knife when removing the protective plastic.
- Paint both rocker panels addressing the bubbles underneath the paint on both sides.
- PCM (primary control module) this is the vehicle computer that needed to be "Flash Updated" to address the bucking and surging of the vehicle. Only problem everyone thought this was going to Windsor, Ontario. Only problem it ended up in Detroit and tied up in customs??
- Plastic fascia below the front chrome bumper was replaced addressing the heat warpage.
- A TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) was performed addressing the
cracking and creaking of the dash during cold temperatures.
- The new Mopar side steps were rusting at the weld brackets and required painting.
- Rotated tires on vehicle......why not!
Chrysler was faxed a 3 page letter September 27, 1999 describing total dissatisfaction with this vehicle and this is the second letter of this nature. Only this time I wasn't going to be lost in Chrysler Canada's Coporate "Black Hole". So this time we have copied the letter to various consumer advocates and Canada's two major television networks (CBC & CTV). Now were talking....... only problem is although Canada is a bilingual country, we are not talking the same language...............................................................
ARE WE NOW CHRYSLER CANADA???
“Out of 100 vehicles, we're apt to build 10 that are as good as any that Toyota has ever built, 80 that are okay and 10 that cause repeated problems for our customers."
Robert Lutz, President
Chrysler Times, July 17, 1995
DaimlerChrysler Canada Inc. Warranty
What comes with every new DaimlerChrysler car and truck you buy? Peace of mind... we've made sure of that through the DaimlerChrysler Canada Inc. Warranty. It covers almost everything for three years or 60,000 kilometres,* with the exception of tires and a few wear items. Plus, body sheet metal panels have rust-through coverage for three years, regardless of the distance driven. Outer body panels are covered for five years or 160,000 kilometres.* Think that's enough? We don't.
TIME FOR A "LEMON LAW" IN CANADA FOLKS!!
IF I CAN BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE IN CONVINCING ANY POTENTIAL
DODGE RAM OWNERS NOT TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!
(AND SAVE$4O,OOO.OO) IN THE PROCESS
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL!
YOURS TO DISCOVER
Another Dodge Ram Lemon Page
Yet Another Dodge Ram Lemon Page
Phil Edmonston's Lemon Aid
Dodge Dakota Lemon Page
Yet Another Dodge Dakota Lemon Page
The Lemon Aid Stand
The Chrysler Products Problem Web Page
Special THANKS goes out to all those people who care about people and are willing to share the resources and knowledge to equal the playing field in dealing with
Its sad when you have to fight for a
hidden "GOOD WILL POLICY".